CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

Today is Ash wednesday..if you're Catholic you should know that..but if not thats okay too. I think it is an important day to reflect on the upcoming Easter season. So I was thinking about how lucky i am to have a family that loves me, parents that are still married and actually like each other and me and my brother. I have 3 sweet and kind children who are healthy and happy, but drive me crazy anyway..and so what if nicholas is deaf? hearing is over rated anyway. At least he knows me and wants me and loves me and is extremely happy..I just needed to let everyone know that it is so important to be happy with what God has given you. There truly is a reason for everything and a time for all things. Things that happen to you now or then are in preperation for something else. When my middle son Andrew spent the first 31 days of his life in the NICU and almost died several times, I realized that God was in control. The strength and faith I gained from that experience has helped me with thelong journey that I will be on with Nicholas. Truth is I thought I was tough until I watched my baby come back from the edge of death to grow into the little man he is today. Now, I am a tough cookie because I know that God has my back and will be there for me ALL the time. I know I was chosen to be a mother of a special needs child because God thought I rocked..So the moral of this story is..Don't feel sorry for yourself.someone always has it so much worse than you. Be grateful for what God has given you and make sure your kids know God. The best thing a parent can do for their children is to teach them how to love God..

No comments: