CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Little inspiration anyone??

sometimes I don't post because I get to caught up in reading everyone elses good stuff that I figure, what can I possibly write. Personally, I think my days are pretty boring. I don't home school (though I do have lots of respect for those who do), my kids aren't suffering any life threatening diseases..they are all healthy..Of course this isn't to say that I never have any issues or any complaints..see a few previous posts about that one..I just try to stay as positive as possible. I Love QUOTES especially ones that make you really think as I am what I like to call a 'word junkie" I love beautiful language and when someone can paint a picture vividly in my head..OH I love that! Helen Keller is one of my favorite historical people because she overcame SO many obstacles to achieve what so many take for granted.. normalcy.. communication.. relationships. She was amazing!
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at that closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. Helen Keller
this makes me think so much about many of the parents that i have come in contact with over the last few years. some of them are so upbeat and hopeful, others are so downtrodden and beat up. Finding out your child is "special" is never easy and each of us go through our own grieving process, but it is a grieving that we will go through time and time again as different milestones pass. This year, my special guy, Nicholas will enter Kindergarten. He is my last baby, my youngest boy and I'm excited but I'd be lying if I said that a part of me wasn't a little jealous that the other two neighborhood kids who are his same age are going off to kindergarten, but a 'normal" kinder class. I'm sad a little, this is yet a another milestone where I will go through another grieving process. This is an example of that door of happiness that closed..however I can see that other door of happiness just right to the left..through this door I see all he HAS accomplished and how much better and stronger of a person I have become because of it. I never thought he'd walk..He did and now he runs and climbs and jumps..I never thought he'd communicate and now he's starting to sign.. He loves me insanely, hugs me, kisses me and is truly my biggest fan. I am such a better mother because of him and my other boys will be greater, more compassionate men because of him too. See..there is always something good to find as long as one never loses HOPE! Stay tuned for Nicholas' big journey to kindergarten...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe he's starting school. the little ones always seem to get big so fast don't they.