CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My hopes for 2009

Its been almost a year since i posted on this blog..but its all been there in my head. Writing is so therapeutic..I don't know why I let it go so long! AHH..but here I am back and ready to write and bore everyone with my inner thoughts and ramblings. Tonight I attended my Thriving Families support group and shared and comiserated with my fellow special needs parents. It is nice to have a place where you belong and where no one "stares" at your kid with that weird confused face. I love hearing every ones stories and struggles because it makes me feel like I'm not the only CRAZY one. ha ha. Wednesday is my IEP meeting with the school district where we will discuss Nicholas' and my wants and they will tell me what he needs and what they want..then I'll laugh, they'll frown, I'll yell, they'll calm, I'll calm, they'll yell..fun times..fun times. Hopefully it all goes well and we are able to come to some sort of agreement and they can at least make his situation better. What he really needs is a school of his own..one that specializes in DEAF AUTISTIC kids who are cognitively delayed. Anyone have a couple million laying around?? Me either..too bad.. it would be a bitchin' school. Someday this dream will come true because EVERY child deserves a place where they belong. Imagine never going to a school where you are with others like you?? Its just not fair. If anything is spelled wrong please remember I am the mother of 3 boys, 1 who has special needs and I am tired. Yes I do have a degree in English but that was from another time..a time when life was much simpler. I hope 2009 will be a year of new discoveries and new beginnings. I hope I will grow as a mother and a person. I hope I don't have to move to Massachusetts because its really cold there, but if I do, I hope I can be brave and tough. I hope my children will continue to thrive and that the world will be better then it was last year and most of all I hope that I can remember to pray hard, believe in myself and believe in the value of my dreams for myself and my children. Here's to 2009!

No comments: